Begun in June, 1858, the New York Coach-Makers' Magazine was "Devoted to the Literary, Social and Mechanical interests of the Craft" and directed primarily to proprietors of the coach shops.
The magazine featured numerous "literary" articles as well as those directly related to the craft of coach-making. Cartoons, humorous sketches, and price lists of materials all added to the mix of a typical issue. Of especial note, the magazine featured plates illustrating a variety of coaches.
On March 15, 1871, The New York Coach-Maker's Magazine merged with The Hub and ceased independent publication.