These training guides will help you learn more about some of the resources available from the Smithsonian Libraries.
Staff of the Smithsonian can request custom orientations and trainings for groups and individuals about any of the Libraries' online or print research tools, research methods and strategies, and more. Contact a library staff member or AskaLibrarian@si.edu for more information.
OneSearch Research Guide [PDF]
Ancestry (Library Edition) Training Materials
- Webinar: How to Search Ancestry Library Edition - special training for Smithsonian staff
- Ancestry Library Edition Content Overview [PDF]
- Differences between Ancestry.com and Ancestry Library Edition [PDF]
Reference Management Software -- EndNote, Zotero and Mendeley
- Webinar: EndNote Desktop and Online Versions - special training for Smithsonian staff
- EndNote Online - Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- EndNote X7 for Mac - Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- EndNote X7 for Windows - Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- How to Use Zotero [PDF]
- Comparison of EndNote, Zotero and Mendeley [PDF]
Web of Science Tools