Eerie Anatomy : Periscope Tour of Medical Texts in the Dibner Library
On October 29, 2015, the Smithsonian Libraries held a Periscope tour of the Dibner Library for the History of Science and Technology with Lilla Vekerdy, head of Special Collections, to take a look at Eerie Anatomy rare books for Halloween week. The Periscope, which had some audio problems during the broadcast, has been archived to YouTube.
The tour includes the following works:
- Andreas Vesalius, De humani corporis fabrica. Basel, 1543
- Realdo Columbo, Realdi Columbi Cremonensis, in almo Gymnasio Romano Anatomici celeberrimi, De re anatomica, libri XV. Venice, 1559.
- Bartolomeo Eustachi, Bernardi Siegfried Albini ... Explicatio tabularum anatomicarum Bartholomaei Eustachii ... Accedit tabularum editio nova. Leyden, 1744.
- John Lizars, A system of anatomical plates of the human body : accompanied with descriptions, and physiological, pathological, and surgical observations. Edinburgh [1840?]
- Just Christian von Loder, Anatomische Tafeln zur Beförderung der Kenntniss des menschlichen Körpers. Weimar, 1803.
- Georges Cuvier, Anatomie comparée : recueil de planches de myologie. Paris, [1850?].